View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 06:08   Link #51
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We got to see the origin of Shinobu's love for donuts. She loves them so much she couldn't restrain herself from talking.
It could have also been Oshino imitating her voice to mess with Araragi, although the exclamation "panai no" is the same she used in Nise.

Then again it's not like she is mute, she just lacks the will to talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I had no idea Neko Hanekawa had that kind of strength O_O... It really surprised me at what she did to Koyomi.
The first cat was the embodiment of Hanekawa's stress from 15 years of life with her parents, so it was the strongest. Araragi couldn't even see its movements, which means a lot since his vampire factor increases his dynamic vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Koyomi talking for 17 mintues about being in love with hanekawa feels irrelevant when he has an established relationship with Hitagi in Bake.
That part is not irrelevant at all. That part is very important for the development of the story in Neko Black, with Neko Black being a cornerstone of Araragi's chara development along all the first season of Monogatari, including his relationship with Hitagi. In a way, Araragi discussing about when one is in love could apply even to his relationship with Senjougahara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You should still watch Kizu when it gets released on BD/DVD in 2014... (assuming SHAFT actually release it in cinema's this year....) Kizu + Zen is when the series actually hits its highs once again... and yeah people thought Neko Black was bad when it was released in LN, this isn't any hindsight.
Please stop with this story of the "weakest link in the franchise". I warn you that you may end up saying the same things even about the next books.

Look, the franchise has its recurrent gags. Araragi being perverted is a staple, for example. In this regard, Bake, Nise and Kuro have all something in common, which is the style the author chose to use for these stories. If you don't find this something entertaining, or you can't even notice what this something is, then this franchise is not for you.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote