View Single Post
Old 2006-08-01, 21:21   Link #93
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Notebook Page 50 (Ep. 18)

(note: this note is written after Shion met Takano for the first time in the library)
---------------------

I have been in contact with Takano Miyo for a while after that.

Her true nature lies in her interest for the bizzare, as well as a curious mind that's just as eccentric.

That's why I have to make sure to take everything she says with a grain of salt.

......Because if not, ...then I might really end up believing that Satoshi-kun disappeared because of the curse.

Her stories about the dark side of the Hinamizawa village were filled with interesting topics.

Among these talks, which she probably treats as nothing but her own guesses and theories, some of them actually contained truths that I know to be true because I am a member of the Sonozaki family. I was stunned by the sharpness of her analyses.

She considered Oyashirosama's Curse as an extension of an ancient religious ritual.
In other words, an act by religious fanatics of Oyashirosama.

According to her unique theory, there is a faction in Hinamizawa with religion as it's central focus, with the Gosanke built up around it.

And that they are working behind the scenes to bring back the prestige that the sennins(*) of Onigafuchi village had before they were allegedly lost after the end of Meiji era.

The scale of Miyo-san's theory is extensive, and if you look at it as a whole, it makes good sense too.

However, if we look at a specific point, such as the reason for Satoshi-kun's disappearance, it doesn't provide any explanation at all.
It was nothing but an unrefined theory.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-08-03 at 00:31.