View Single Post
Old 2008-01-17, 10:08   Link #18624
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Upon which I have to ask other people for ideas, because I've got nothing.

For the "lots of information in one place" theory, the Infinite Library doesn't just have to be a big collection of books, it has to be the biggest collection of books (specifically, information) ever in recorded history by far. Otherwise, the obvious question is: why here, and not another library?
The Infinite Library is the only known library known to house the books of hundreds of worlds, suffice to say it is the biggest collection of books in recorded history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
EDIT: Let's look at this from another angle.

Other than being a big collection of books, is there anything else about the Infinite Library which would make it especially susceptible (as opposed to other big collections of books) to connection with the information-dimension?

I'm operating under the assumption that the information-dimension is not obeying the same space-time laws as our own, meaning that the concept of "time" itself does not apply to them, because if it does, then that raises a whole lot more complications about that information-dimension.
Like Nighty said, the Infinite Library is located in the center of the dimensional sea, the dimensional sea connects to all other dimensions. That should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If Nanoha believes she's needed, she'll go in regardless of what her friends say anyway.
*sigh* There's no denying that, no.

Quote:
I'm just saying that if dkellis needs it to scrap through for his story to work, while it is highly improbable canon-wise, it's not totally impossible. Kinda like the Room of Spirit and Time in Dragon Ball. We know that it's up there on God's Tower, but at the same time, it's not.
Well, that's true.

Quote:
Heh. Never really liked the film, but that AMV is awesome.

Quote:
It depends where her promotion would field her. She's a Captain, so it'd be Major... Either more table work, field work or whatever. However, her work incentive is not one where she's doing it to spend more time with Vivio anyway, else she would've taken up Shamal's advice and take time off from work.
Touche.

Quote:
Okay, maybe tedious is not the proper word, as Nanoha takes her... what was it again, 19/7, 16/7 schedule relatively well, but it's clearly not one where she'd have much free hours off work, and is not one where she can rest her body, as she trains her students directly.
Dug up the page concerning the Training Officers:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Yeah... quite a lot of work.

Quote:
Even though frankly, this whole Dimensional Sea thing gives the impression of a flat sea with continents/islands representing worlds/star system/dimension, while the Main Branch is the center... oil rig so to say, and occasional abnormalities like the Garden, etc akin to whirlpools, etc... I suppose something can be winged. It's not we really know anything solid about it.
I myself rather think of it as space, with the dimensions being planets and the Main HQ a space-station, but the ocean comparison was easier to describe without going sci-fi-fanboy mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I regard Traps as Half Male... Because...

"Even though he has the face of a girl, body of a girl, voice of a girl, and even the attitude of a girl, he still has the heart and soul of a man... watch him... and he'll become a person unique of this world." - Random Quote by a TSAB Admiral.
Jun begs to differ.

This reminds me of my recent fascination with douple traps, or simply boys getting turned into girls. The hillarity/drama combination never fails to amuse me.