View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 20:01   Link #147
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sounds to me like the senju were a peg up on the uchiha and the reason is... i'm waiting on you kishi
It sounds to me like you're placing the Uchiha on a pedestal they were never on. Consider a few facts:

1. Very few ever awoken the MS. In fact Itachi himself believed only Madara before him awakened the MS when he spared Sasuke's life during the Uchiha massacre. Obviously Itachi didn't know of Obito at the time and its obvious Madara's brother was thrown in there as an after thought.

2. Not every Uchiha awaken's the Sharingan. But every Senju we've seen so far seems to have amazing vitality.

What's left to worry about against the Uchiha? Oh right Genjutsu... Chiyo already gave a sound strategy for that.. never fight a sharingan user alone. Hunter already addressed Izanagi, so not gonna go over that again.

You tend to focus on the active/flashy feats rather than the passive/ subtle ones. Consider that it was only the Uzumaki clan (Senju) who were able to become hosts and contain the Kyuubi (before he was even stripped of 1/2 his chakra). Consider that Naruto's mother actually survived the Kyuubi being separated from her (something that normally kills the host instantly).

After saying all that.. I actually agree with you, but I'm able to dismiss it as bad writing nothing more. Kish gave the Uchihas amazing illusionary powers yet he has to go out of his way to find excuses for these powers not to be used when it makes perfect sense to use them. Example? Madara could have created many clones of himself, tsukuyomi-ed the entire alliance and had a peaceful 10-tails summoning..but he didn't why? Its boring story-telling.

Don't look for 100% rationality in a kid's manga.. you're not going to find it.