View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 15:26   Link #138
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but the thing is that we have only seen 1 senju have godlike powers, whereas we have known that 100s of uchiha have had sharingan, several uchiha have had MS and that izanagi was used so much that an uchiha had to invent izanami to stop its widespread use (which in turn is another godlike power that would work on a strong enemy). so right there we have many uchiha fighting on god-level powers over the course of their history vs. just the 1 anomaly senju in hashirama.
This is quite simply entirely wrong.
Yes out of the 3 Senju we know only 1 possesses god-like power, the others two "only" being Kage-level. There is however also only one Uchiha who reached god-like power and that is Madara. The MS alone is no near god like and is completely irrelevant to the discussion anyway, the first MS user was Madara and there have only been a handful of them none of whom were average by definition. I'll not even go into your claim that Izanami and Izanagi were widespread and often used which is mathematically impossible considering the cost because even then their use doesn't make someone god-like by any stretch of the imagination. Izanagi for Uchiha who aren't enhanced with Senju DNA can only last for the briefest of time and is merely a panic button that will sacrifice your sight to avoid death. It is a powerful ability but it's not a game changer, an average fighter (assuming an average Ninja CAN use this in the first place) will still be average with it, he will cheat death once lose an eye and still be the same average fighter and what then? Not everybody has a Sharingarm, a body made of Senju wood or a few score of Sharingan on his wall.
Quote:
i am simply saying that i want to know what the senju can do that isn't just a powerful ninjutsu or a lot of stamina. that doesn't cut it for me.
No? Because that's basically what Sage-mode is and it made Naruto Kage level.
There are basically two types of power up, the overall increase in physical abilities and new particular techniques. That's the difference between Sage mode and the MS for example. If Naruto was a game it'd be the difference between a new spell and better stats, the latter isn't a flashy as the former but it's no less effective.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote