View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 12:14   Link #30225
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Bern seems to think he's capable of being an accomplice. Why would she think that? Just for the shits of it?

Besides, we don't know that's actually OOC for Battler. Oh, sure, it's out of character for the Battler character we're familiar with, but that doesn't mean anything. He's a character, just like Kanon. His personality is a fictional construct. It may be based on real information, but we don't have enough of that real information ourselves to guess how accurate the portrayal actually was.
-Because... Bernkastel is trying to find the worst kakera for Ange? That's why such a scene were Ange's parents are complete lunatics killing everyone was shown. It has already been clued enough that Battler was not the culprit, so an accomplice is the next worst thing. She's throwing around the slimest possibilities as long as they hurt Ange (the only survivor) and anyone who might care.

-I think is something about the fair play. Wasn't Ryuukishi saying since the begining that not presenting clues and then trying to put an answer out-of-the-blue is cheating and he wouldn't do it? One can say a lot about Ryu's troll behaviour, but he GAVE us all the clues. You know, 'It's forbidden to present a puzzle without giving the player all the pieces' is practically red in his game, TIPS and interviews. If we don't aknowledge at least that the clues were presented, it's better to step back and not bother. Otherwise crack theories will be absolutely valid.

Quote:
It's possible Battler-Prime had a motive. But there's no evidence for one. That he lacks motive and inclination in his story form is not evidence that he didn't have any, but no positive evidence exists to suggest otherwise. Yet the author of the work pushes forward a notion that, based solely on what we know about the original character, doesn't appear to make sense.
It's possible, but with not a single clue about that is just unfair to think of it as viable. Or, put in other way, a complete asspull.
The author put also a lot of the goats sprouting nonsense in EP8. And, I repeat, evil-Battler is a call out to the fans that insist in throw around 'Battler culprit theories', followed by a similar line to the one that Bernkastel threw in Tanabata Tip ("It's because you like them that kakera with tragedies like this are created."). So, let's say, the fandom is rabid about 'George as culprit theory'. Black George is coming to town for that. (I actually see George as more possible culprit that Battler...)

Quote:
How can we really know Black Battler isn't a closer portrayal of Battler-Prime than Message Bottle Battler? We know almost nothing about Battler-Prime to say.
It seems like "just happening upon" Battler himself would be by far the biggest coincidence and that coincidence is made far less so if it was only the encounter that was coincidental and not the specific individual encountered. If you're going to make arguments about probability, perhaps you should actually consider the likelihood of all such events.
It's a far away tip of the nature of Kakera. There's a lot of possible truths and possible culprits, so there's a lot of kakera. Blattler culprit was created almost suddenly by the accumulation of people insisting in that as one truth.
Saying that it's valid because it was shown somewhere will make next thing we say that Kinzo and Natsuhi were really having sex, because even if it hasn't been clued and already jossed by several statements, it was an in-game theory and Bern said it, so who cares? Adultery is so Kinzo's MO, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
1) Oh no, he is lazy, whenever he can cut corners, he does, but that doesn't make the making of the art any less difficult or time consuming. And that doesn't mean his art isn't great. His facial expressions are beyond comparison.

2) No life form other than humans can participate in this game.
And since you're not a person, you have no human rights either, so nothing obligates me to acknowledge a monkey and argue with it on an even level. *cacklecackleCacklecackleCackle*

3) I don't think Ryukishi would think of his characters and then portray them in a different way in the forgeries just for the hell of it. Technically speaking, it may be unrealistic, but then again Umineko never was realistic to begin with.

And after all, the message bottle universe was the only one we ever got to read in the first place, and I think we have a pretty clear image of the Battler in that.

We can't. But common sense says we do know. Black Battler doesn't even act like a real person, rather, he himself acts like the theoritical being he is.
1) Okay. Just because trollbeato is awesome I'll let it pass. His art is adequate. Not good mind you

2) 'It is permitted for observers to let their own conclusions and interpretations be heard'. Mind you, it doesn't say anything about the obsever being limited to be human
Besides, that means that you're arguing and losing with a flying monkey. That's just so lame of you, Capitain, running away of a confrontation with the old and clichèd 'You're not worthy'. Let it be known that it's a coward's move. And an answer has not been provided by you, so intellectually, you're even behind me. Running away or not *ahaha.wav*

3) I agree there. Forgeries are OOC moments with some clues buried in between. Next you know, we'll be supporting Ronobato and Hanyuu-knows-what other nonsense, because Ronove said it.
Black Battler represents 'mad chinaman with no basis whatsoever Theory' as a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
@Patchwork Chimera - welcome to Goat Land, and congrats on finishing the series!

In general, again, I mean, about these hair colors ... as others have said, the humans all have black hair, EVEN ERIKA, and they only have wild anime hair for visual aesthetics and lol-tropes.

Firstly, we consider that Beatrice's anglo-features (blue eyes, blonde hair) are SO plot relevant the narration almost never shuts up about it until Chiru, and we get nothin' on the family members. If they had those colors for real, they would at least have been MENTIONED, or NOTED, as unusual for a Japanese. I mean, we even get a discussion about the western style bathrooms, and Castiglioni joking about Japanese hair being dyed with soy sauce ... to an apparently white haired Kinzo..?! Come on, now.

Erika likely has plain old black hair, also - Bern's comment about their blue hair is almost certainly because she is aware that she's in a narrative (the one we ourselves are reading) and she has blue hair in it. I highly doubt that a mysterious 19th person who drifted to Rokkenjima, a super detective with bright blue ass hair, would only be noted for, physically, "being a bit shorter than Jessica."

Alsooo, I'm pretty sure that her chopsticks craze was just a very Mary Sue type-quirk to add charm and a window for some genuine comedy when she was first having dinner with the family. It was a chance for her to be a perfect charming pigtail wearing, short-skirt-having, more-desu housegest. Y'know, before the bitch started sawing off heads with kitchen knives.
Thanks man. Personally I felt like some kind of accomplishment. Reading all that long novels, then analizing all the tips and writing down my theories took a lot of time.

You're right about the hair color. It's like a tradition in that media.

Well, I put the choptsticks thing just to prove a point: that we can discuss anything as long as it can pottentially have a deeper meaning. Even if it's nonsensical.
Bet Ryu07 made Erika all Mary sueish to put the detective in the 'really hated' list, and effectively protect the witch side giving it supporters (even if it's just to punch Erika's face). I was personally more concerned with Battler kicking Erika that with anti-mistery scoring a point.
Ryu roots for magic, as EP8 confirms XD

I always find that Erika cutting heads as nonsense, but it works for the game so *shruggs*. I can say she spent at least three hours beheading five persons with a kitchen knive and extreme care of not staining her dress. Also, isn't just cool how Erika is always related to some kind of boat? I'm thinking about trick ending here.

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-08-28 at 12:38.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote