View Single Post
Old 2010-08-12, 08:14   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
There will be some filler for sure after the end of the arc, but I don't think it will be a long saga unless they pull a Bleach. It will probably be only 4 episodes just to get to the new OP and start the next canon arc with that.
I just don't see how that is possible. The manga and anime are too close together, so some room has to be made. I am fully expecting an actual filler arc...which, realistically, wouldn't be too bad (at least from the perspective of time).

For instance, I can see a Re-Build Konoha arc (since the village was kind of destroyed), in which Naruto and a few others (not Hinata ) go off to acquire materials needed to start work on rebuilding Konoha, only to encounter some rouge ninja organization (or just some douche nobles) that are terrorizing the area Konoha needs to acquire materials from (or something to that effect).

Whatever the case, 4 episodes is simply not enough filler, unless we want the anime to heavily mess with the upcoming canon arcs (ala the horrendous use of filler and padding from early on in Shippuden). Additionally, this is a great place to introduce lots of filler without necessarily interfering with the story.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote