View Single Post
Old 2010-12-21, 10:09   Link #1447
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
here's how he got it:
Thanks, but I'm speaking from the perspective of an anime watcher.

I don't know what the hell is Artofal, what exactly is the difference between Solver/Weaver ( other than being halves of Lonely Demon ), what are the Goddesses, why was the Densetsu World such a fucked up looking world ( during Mad Hero and Lonely Demon's time ) and why did the Goddess of all places, seal the Hero in the place where another monster was roaming. The intricate details behind the lores are definitely not mentioned, even if only subtly hinted from small details every bits and pieces.

But there weren't important to the engaging conflict at hand. Knowing what Alpha is ( in detail ) isn't remotely as important as showing the mental conflict of Sion that builds up the crux of the 'distance and final separation' of Ryner and Sion, which is what the whole series was building upon. ( other than the culminating Great War. )

There's a lot of questions the anime did not answer, but the key pieces of the conflict were definitely 'shown' with enough detail for the viewers to be able to read between the lines on what exactly happened.

If there's one thing I don't quite get, it is why the Mad Hero ( I assume he was in control then ) suddenly decided he wanted to eat Ryner there and then ( when Ryner was stabbed with the dark black sword things ) despite Mama Ryner and Lucille both in agreement that Ryner's not yet ripe enough to be eaten for the nutritious value of the Solver.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote