Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-16, 04:32   Link #16553
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The Star Trek quip was somewhat tounge in cheek. But what other expansion is there (I mean that seriously cause I'm coming up blank ATM)? Keeping in mind that any repetitive task that can be sucessfully automated will get that treatment, likewise if it's cheaper to outsource elsewhere. Those two are pretty big things to overcome. Even if we did have a cashless society or something so that outsourcing wasn't necessary the automation side of things wouldn't be gotten around if only because of pure efficiency (nevermind anything else like say automated cleaning robots or something). Expanding into space would be totally awesome though. But it really needs to change from being the domain of scientists and the military (I'd say that's one of the biggest reasons for public interest dropping in space programs, it's just not accessible to the common man). It'd be awesome to see space expansion that average folks can get in on - admittedly I'd expect there would have to be some big education changes though. I am in a slightly pessimistic mood today I guess.

Apologies for the format/tone wrote that on my phone which is disjointing.