View Single Post
Old 2016-07-09, 21:57   Link #86
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
The SJWs would probably hate Charlie's Angels actually. They find it demeaning for females to be represented as attractive in media. Make of it what you will.
The most recent Charlie's Angels movies were actually pretty good "feminist" movies. They showed strong-willed, capable women in empowering situations. Feminine, but not "girly". Drew Barrymore actually requested a scene in the script in which the Angels had a happy moment around the dinner table, because at the time, bulimia and anorexia were a big social problem, but it was handled tastefully (no hammer needed), and that's about as political as the movies ever got. One or two of the Angels actually had positive relations with the opposite sex. Crazy, right? The movie was truly uplifting and non-confrontational, and that doesn't play well in today's Hollywood. SJWs today would hate those movies, because that kind of message invalidates their very reason for existence: confrontation and virtue signalling.

I don't know how things are played out in the new GB movie. Haven't seen it, and don't really plan to until it shows up on cable or streaming. My guess is, it's just a stupid, borderline comedic movie that in no way lives up to the previous ones. It probably isn't even all that pro-feminist, and more anti-male for reasons of attempted humor. I think I've seen enough of Hemsworth's character just from the trailers to suggest that he's the kind of offensive caricature that would cause a Twitter war and maybe even impact someone's career if said character had lady parts, or even wasn't a white male. It's the people behind the movie, those behind the camera, who have acted like spoiled children. Hateful, angry, confrontational and in-your-face "feminism" like they've shown only serves to divide people, though that's probably the point. If SJWs don't have a patriarchal, bigoted, homophobic, racist, privileged cis-het boogieman to point to, they're more than happy to make one up. It's not like 90% of their "arguments" aren't built on lies and exaggerations anyway.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-07-09 at 22:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote