View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 00:10   Link #85
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, to be fair, Kira never really directly fought the others THAT often after reaching Earth. Even then, every single one of them were unused to combat on Earth at the time too initially. By the time he went up against Athrun, it was just a total RAGE battle, lol.

But yeah...even with all that, it didn't really feel "natural" with Kira, but more forced in just to make things look cooler...with most pilots in UC, their piloting felt more natural and developed as the series went on. Actually, it's weird how ONLY the Freedom is considered to be so legendary, yet the Justice isn't mentioned at all, even when it's the one who took out GENESIS and whatnot, which only adds to my thoughts on the Kira hype being more forced.

I still feel, in terms of pure piloting skill, that Athrun surpasses Kira; doesn't rely on SEED mode so much (only in much harder or desperate situations), is constantly in a melee-oriented MS which inherently require more skill, reflexes, and precision to be able to use effectively, which is also why you never see such MS so widely mass produced as opposed to general purpose or even support and artillery types. Also, unlike Kira, he only lost his MS by blowing them up himself. Only time he was shot down was in a GOUF Ignited on the run from a much superior MS (Destiny), lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote