View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 17:00   Link #907
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I thought only the first FMA series had the high ratings. I don't remember Brotherhood's ratings being that high. Although my memory could be faulty.
Sorry for the confusion then. I meant "good" or "high" ratings for the current Sunday time slot, which is where FMA:B aired. I don't remember how well the original FMA series did back when it aired on Saturday afternoon, those figures have certainly been posted previously in this topic, but I'm sure it did even better than FMA:B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't know, at same time Sat. slots usually feature tougher competition as well with all the JUMP and other shonen titles so I doubt Age would perform better there.
The competition was higher, yes, but that's the point: I believe the issue was that baseball series Major aired at the same Saturday slot on another channel, which was apparently interpreted as the reason why the change to Sunday was finally made.

But the previous Saturday time slot wasn't bad at all, and had been historically very successful in terms of grabbing the audience. I don't think the Sunday slot has been able to match or surpass that yet, so the move still seems questionable. Even if there is less competition, you're dealing with a smaller total pie on Sunday afternoon than on Saturday afternoon. Apparently less people are watching TV (or anime on TV, if you prefer) at that time, period.

Quote:
But it is pointless to compare CG with Gundam. CG did well along with Star Driver and like for been original one-shot anime while Gundam is a household name. It's almost like comparing Babylon 5 to Star Trek series.
Yes, I agree.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote