View Single Post
Old 2010-02-19, 04:38   Link #51
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Anime doesn't sell in the States. If you want to tap into the US market with FFVII, you'll need to make a video game.

As for people talking about FFVII not having played it... yeah, I don't think that's true at all. It's a popular game even now, and not just because of Advent Children.
iwatch2muchanime already answered that one.

But Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, imo, were a bad moves, because in my head, and probably in others as well, FF7 is this anime-like game with quirky humor, and that is the whole issue with FF7 remake. If they go back to the anime style or use cel shading it will definitely pull a lot of new people/kids into the series. However if they go the CGI-rendering like in AC, they wouldn't attract any new gamers, only people who will complaint about the game, i.e. for being too linear.
Games are meant to be for children and grownups, who don't want to grow up. If they are trying to attract hardcore gamers, meaning killzone, hola and war with gears gamers, they won't sell much after the first two weeks,
Spoiler for press the button after 23rd march:

I really doubt that Square-Enix can pull of what nintendo had done with New Super Mario Bros, with a FF7 remake/retelling/reinvention.
FF was targetted to a small audience in the West, until the big boom, after FFXIII it is probably going back to a small audience.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote