View Single Post
Old 2011-04-25, 14:10   Link #1258
SS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Everyone on Galaxy? Ouch.
It's somewhat muddled. In the "Kiss in the Galaxy" manga it is stated that Sheryl's Parents were killed because they opposed the law which would make implants mandatory. But this is movie continuity where Grace is little more than a wheel in Galaxy's conspiration. Here with Grace the Big Bad, it lloks like NOT everybody has implants.

Episode 5 in particular says implants are "common" on Galaxy. But not "mandatory". Sheryl in fact doesn't have any and this seems unusal, but not a special exception. Ozma also emarks that it would be impossible to force everyone to have implants... without the Vajra that is.

Quote:
- How does Sheryl see herself as Basara "Listen to My Song!" is what she always says before before performing Iteza, its on the Vocal Album.
QED. Sheryl copis basara's antics.

Quote:
- She was also joking about the "Hopes and Dreams" she was referring to her boobs you know.
But even to joke about this she had to feel this. She genuinely saw herself so, that't why Grace's speech and subsequent discovery of how everybody forgot her was so shocking.
Of course (regarding her motives) she doesn't want to get back popularity (which would dissolve again just as quickly). She want to leave a remambrance That's why she sang charity concerts (pepple who attend them are more prone to remember) and that's why the revelatiopn that she can make a difference in Vajra fight is so important to her.
The quote "Until I crash and burn, music is all I have" is quite telling.

Quote:
- I think they can't tell that other humans were at work because they don't know much about the Vajra. The Vajra have fold crystals in their bodies so its possible that they can do something like that.

Never before have Vajra demonstrated any tech usage. Leon HAD to understand that Grace, having defeated his killers, will follow with something and not just disappear. But then, Leon is not the cleverest.

Quote:
It's a wonder the Frontier fleet's casualties weren't much worse given the shots we're shown of them getting blasted by those beams. Also, where were all the
other ships and fighters during the previous battles?
Frontier DID learn. They have new ammunition and the pilots did get together. It also seems that Frontier was somewhat reinforced in the meantime. But yes, this is a trmendous improvement over first episode where they couldn't stop a single Victor Vajra
SS13 is offline   Reply With Quote