View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 11:34   Link #3451
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I still think hiatus for the Gundam franchise is the best bet right now. I don't see any sort of idea and writing staff making a lot of headway the way things are with the franchise right now. Too many bitter feelings and nigh impossible to meet expectations coursing through the current fanbase right now, plus it's hard to tell what the fans even want anymore, both in Japan and abroad.

*snip*

...let Gundam rest a while longer than usual see where trends go in the next 5 or so years and then come up with a new idea at the right time do a little better market testing as opposed to relying on one guys assurances that his idea is going to benefit them.
I also agree with the hiatus if it’s indeed necessary. I mean, If we are about to get another series right after this with no proper planning, concept, story and “spirit” (and only to sell toys), It’d be better to not have a Gundam series at all. I’d say to Sunrise/Bandai to wait until they know fully well what they’re about to do with the next Gundam series.