View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 23:14   Link #2524
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I don't pay attention to LMK doing her fan-fiction stuff here, since it's... fan-fiction. ( Not that want to say bad about fan-fiction in general... I quite love a lot of what exists of it on the net. )
You know, I would appreciate it if you would just leave me out of your arguments. It not only doesn't help justify your arguments but doesn't apply here.

First, it's not fanfiction unless you're referring to Watashi no Kare wa Pilot, in which case, that belongs in the stated thread. But that's an actual fanfic. And a quick note if you are talking about it:
Spoiler for growth in fanfics that aren't seen in anime, are they still fictional?:

Second, take into account that I have a different view of Alto than you. His actions and choices come out differently to me not only because I'm a woman but also because I've been in the middle of war before; and I've seen exactly what he's experiencing. So his choices and actions come off as childish to me.

And, as a side note to the discussion: Alto was not one of my favorite male characters in Frontier. It went like:
1. Ozma
2. Michael
3. Alto
4. Bobby
5. Brera
His denseness and poor decisions both in romance and war made me dislike him. But I just can't blame Alto for that because the movie has shown that he can grow better, but in the series, they didn't let him grow. Instead, it seemed like he just went with the flow. They stopped letting him take control of his destiny (with his own personality) and just went along with what the plot was drawing out. In simple terms: they wrote him how they wanted him to be.

Regardless, I still like him more than Hikaru. But in Macross characters:
1. Isamu
2. Max
4. Focker
5. Alto
6. Basara
And, sadly, #7 would be Hikaru. But I simply can't compare Alto to Basara because Alto at least realizes when a woman is interested in him, unlike said member of Fire Bomber. But he's nothing compared to my all-time favorite Macross characters.

---

On topic: the translation of the interview hasn't actually - from what I can tell - been done before, so thank you, karice.