View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 09:32   Link #2108
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post

So I don't get why some people feel upset about this show. like...

HOW?!
K-On! was very popular and influential. For people that already liked it, that just gives them even more reason to love it ("K-On! started this cool trend!"). But for people that already dislike it, that just gives them even more reason to dislike it, sometimes to the point of hatred ("K-On! started this stupid 'cute girls doing cute things!' trend").

There were "all-girls" shows before K-On, of course, but I definitely think K-On helped them to really take off.

Shows like YuruYuri, Tamayura Hitotose, Natsuiro Kiseki, A-Channel, and several others like that... As different as they are from one another, I can see how K-On! was influential on them. I have my doubts that we'd have all of them if K-On! hadn't been such a rousing success.

Then there's the KyoAni factor - K-On's popularity influenced KyoAni's artistic approach. You see this in some Haruhi 2009 episodes, at times in Chuunibyou, and definitely in KyoAni's next work Tamako Market.

Some KyoAni fans are divided on artistic styles - Some prefer the Haruhi 2006/Hyouka style, while some prefer the K-On style.

Anyway, don't let those who are upset about K-On get to you. It's just the nature of being very popular. It's a rare anime show that's both very popular, and doesn't have many critics.