View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 19:49   Link #96
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I like Sanji a lot and I think he held Vergo off really nice. But that crack in the leg looks serious. Sanji's legs are his main tools for fighting. He even mentions about his leg in this chapter too. Vergo came out of the fight with only bruised lip and bloody nose, that is it. He even played to Sanji's strength by fighting him with legs. If Sanji had not cracked his leg then I would say they are even but Vergo came out on top in that fight. Even if it was just by cracking Sanji's leg. That leg is going to come back to haunt Sanji if he does not take care of it. Oda is putting emphasis on Sanji's leg in two chapters now. I don't see this has a common injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
To all of the people saying Doflamingo will be the next villain, somehow I find that hard to believe. Doflamingo has been set up as an uber-badass evil overlord pulling the strings since very early on in the series, so I have a feeling that Oda is gonna keep this guy around until the end. If they make him face the strawhats now, won't that mean the strawhats will have to put him out of commission?

Also, reason number two is that, I dunno if they can take on Doflamingo yet. His power is one of the strongest and most sinister shown in the One Piece series. He easily dispatched Oars Jr. and used Diamond Jaws against his crewmates. Also, he's been shown to have control over the pacifistas (maybe this is what they mean by Luffy beig a better vessel than Law, perhaps they wat to make them the next prototypes for the Pacifista), as well as having the support of the WG/Celestial Dragons and a badass chemical weapon.

I think they will fight some of his crew but part of me feels like Dofla is too strong for Luffy and will get taken out by Blackbeard, or another Yonko. Also, Big Mom is another possibility for an upcoming antagonist. The strawhats are already on her bad side and it's only a matter of time before they fight.
Daflamingo
We might get to see Daflamingo in this arch. If CC, Monet, Vergo, Baby 5, and Buffalo fail or things are not going has planned what will Daflamingo do? Daflamingo showed up to kill Bellamy. But having 5 subordinates at this caliber fail is far worse. Also CC looks like he is important to his future plans. If Baby 5 and Buffalo are heading to the Island I don't see why Daflamingo won't show up if he has to do it himself. Second two Vice Admirals are are at the Island. What will happen if Vergo is called out by Smoker and defeated. Smoker will take control of G-5 and WG will learn that Daflamingo was harboring CC and this will also push the WG to investigate further into him. What if they connect Law with him. Marines and WG might not look kindly at him for this. Also Daflamingo will lose a lot of influence in G-5 territory if not all if Smoker takes control. Daflamingo has a lot riding on this arch, it may not be everything but it is enough to do some serious damage too him if it ever got out.