View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 19:18   Link #2959
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What red herring? I based my statement off of your combined posts in this thread, not simply the fact that you are posting an article from a LaRouche magazine.
Uh James, the article came from this website:
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/

The other website simply preserved it so it was the only copy I could find (the original is gone AFAIK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Obama pass (or even asked the congress to) zero laws restricting gun ownership as the president.

Romney Banned assault rifles in MA back as governor.

Just saying some of these gunowners are so far from reality it is not even funny.
You are correct, which is why I voted against Romney.
However, Obama's "Fast and Furious" nonsense is what has many gun-owners "up in arms " about him.
I hope you are correct and that their fears are completely unjustified, but Obama did say in the third debate he would seek a new AWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
@GundamFan0083 about ammo shortage

My theory is that international drug cartes are buying all the ammo in your area (paying way more than retail price), so the local law enforcement does not really know why it is happening or are telling you what they think you would accept without a second thought. Therefore IMO it is non political issue.
I hope you are wrong about that.

@RE: "Global Warming", "Climate Change", "ManBearPig" and the other Chickenlittle scenarios. Whether you believe them or not is really moot when we look at the issue of Obama's "Cap and Trade" bill since this bill will not stop the real issue behind all of this.
That being POLLUTION.
I am all for a plan to completely eliminate our use of carbon-based fuels, but not with any of the proposed legislation that has been put forward thus far.
None of it will stop, or even reduce, the use of carbon-based fuels.
All it will do is oppress the consumer with higher prices and if done to the extreme that has been called for, cause great harm in probably deaths on a large scale.

We need a viable replacement for oil, and we need it as soon as possible with the least amount of loss of liberty, life, and property.