KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
nooo i hate her art... ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Me too. I was so hoping for someone else... -_-
Really? I'm actually pretty surprised she's doing a THIRD adaptation (seems a bit unfair to other potential artists), but she was probably my favorite of the manga art styles...though I really quite like 6 and 7's art (Soichiro is also very nice, but it doesn't feel as fitting to me, if that makes sense). Maybe it's because I was exposed to the EP1 manga first before I started reading the novels? I dunno, I admit she way overdosed on the crazy-levels as far as troll faces go (and I really do think DEEN may have been inspired by her crazy Maria as much as they were continuing the Higurashi trend), but at that point in the series, it suited things...even in EP3, Beato still had heavy doses of troll, so I can't complain too much about the over-exaggerated expressions...but I really feel like out of all the manga artists so far, Kei's art felt to me the most suited to the feel of the series.

Admittedly I haven't started to read EP8 yet (I just had my last exam of the semester today, so I'll be starting the patch tomorrow), though I'm aware of certain spoilers and can't say for sure how well Kei's style might fit the tone of EP8...but overall I'd be excited to see how it's handled because it's been my favorite style of the series...and clearly, someone else's favorite, since she's done 3 out of the 8 adaptations
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote