View Single Post
Old 2014-08-29, 18:06   Link #546
Pat123

Well, it is a shame. It was a story with a great deal of potential. There were many unexplored arcs. I don't see this wrapping up in one chapter, unless it is 80-pages long, like Chapter 0. XD (Come to think of it, something like that happened in Mahoromatic).

Then again, Ranma 1/2 ran about as long without any progress between Ranma and Akane. Takahashi seemed to understand that issue and we saw real progress in Maison Ikkoku. But, her later works were also long without significant progress. I guess some manga are like that.

Nozo no Kanojo is unusual in that Urabe and Tsubaki made a lot of progress in developing an understanding of each other. I don't think Ranma and Akane ever got that far. The issue may be similar to that in Ranma in that the characters spent over seven years in high school. By holding the characters at the same age, the authors, in both cases, did not develop the relationships in the same way they would have if the characters had aged.

Well, I'm grateful for the story we got. I'm reading the manga in Japanese for practice. At the rate I'm going, it will be years before I get to the end. Maybe by then, Ueshiba will resurrect the series again. ^_^
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote