View Single Post
Old 2019-05-29, 18:01   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About the technology being sealed and not investigated further, the thing is that the time rewind ability has application for things other than war, so I would think they'd want to carefully study it before just sealing it away. Which for all we know is what they may be doing in secret.
There are multiple factors of why it's hard for people to research it further.

First: Considering that the "time rewind" ability needed strong Newtypes (in Banagher, Full Frontal & Rita) to transcend their physical bodies (it nearly killed Banagher and he only able to come back when Mineva's Newtype spirit pulled him out, it killed Full Frontal, and it required Rita to die and became a ghost-pilot) even with the full psychoframe tech. Given those facts, I can see how sensible scientists refuse to do it. It basically needs human sacrifices (so far).

Second: The "time rewind" ability can't be controlled. The crystallized Unicorn happened because it reacted to Banagher's ultimate will to protect Mineva & the Magallanica from the colony laser no matter what. Full Frontal's Neo Zeong turned to dust after it did the time travel. The Phenex project ended in a disaster when Phenex went berserk and killing all the people on that ship's bridge before it went missing. And the whole experiment actually killed Rita, one of the strongest Newtypes so far.

Third: All the factions who possess the Unicorn units are against using it again. From the Banshee faction, it will take one helluva persuasion to convince EF to unseal the psychoframe for further research, given their paranoid nature. I'm not saying it's impossible. The chances are just slim. From the Unicorn faction, I don't think Mineva & Banagher would want to trouble themselves with it. Time-manipulation is dangerous when you don't know how to control it. From the Phenex faction, ghost-Rita & ghost-Michelle are really against using the psychoframe tech and will do anything in their power to stop the abuse of it.

That said, I can't wait for Unicorn 2 just to see what would happen next, but we're gonna have to deal with Hathaway first .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I probably expected too much from this movie after Unicorn. It isn't bad, but with a few tweaks here and there it could have been a lot better. My main complaint is really the characters, the rest is more my usual nitpicking. The only one that stood out for me in the entire movie was Michelle.
Hey, Michelle is also the main protag of the movie aside from Jona, so at least that part works for you .