Thread: Licensed Heroic Age
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-09, 14:03   Link #1
BluWacky
尻の竜

Heroic Age

XEBEC's latest original project, Heroic Age, starts airing in April:

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/heroicage/ is Starchild's (hiss, spit! I HATE STARCHILD) page for the show, but Xebec will probably do one for it themselves.

Anyway, this is notable because:

a) It reteams most of the good things about Fafner (true, Hisashi Hirai is as original as a spoon, but he draws pretty people; plus Tow Ubakata's on board, hopefully for more of the show than he was for Fafner!)

b) It's described as "space Tarzan". That's, like, the best concept ever. It's even better than space Rose of Versailles was!

c) It looks to be inspired by Greek mythology, where the term "Heroic Age" actually comes from; although Eiji is obviously a punny name, the other two lead characters are called Deianeira (Heracles' third wife; a horny centaur tricked her into burning Heracles alive with poisoned semen and she committed suicide shortly afterwards. Seriously.) and Iolaus (Heracles' companion in several stories) and the "Argonaut" features heavily (Heracles was one of the Argonauts). As a Classics geek, this makes me happy.

I hope the show measures up to all the good things about Fafner - the lovely animation, the stirring music, the UTTER MELODRAMA AND WOE. But I guess we'll have to wait until more info other than this website and the Newtype scans come out before we'll know a huge amount more.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote