View Single Post
Old 2007-10-23, 11:27   Link #17
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Quote:
hoping that the extra work and newer shows will motivate people to work harder and attract new members to somehow keep the group alive.
that is one thing I dont like about all these new anime fansubbing groups. its like the revolving door of the dot com bust. (and then I go and slap our game guild label on episodes as a new fansubbing group )

some of the older groups post on their website, we need help, this series, like three months in advance. then when the new show comes out these kids want to be famous and make their own group name instead of helping the other people, and try to steal the thunder by releasing an episode or two. very few of these groups stay together, they usually split as soon as the series is done, or they get tired of actually doing *gasp* work.

Sure, if you love the series, feel free to release your version of a fansub, that's a good thing. I wasn't trying to step on AQS' toes when I released ToHeart2, I just love the series. Of course, I even offered them help with nanatsuiro drops when they posted for help.

However, I'm not your mom and you can do whatever you want.
alot of people have this mentality that because no one can see you on the internet, it's ok to do whatever you want.
well thats not a good basis to build a community upon, regardless if its virtual or not.

This is a hobby, though. Family matters, jobs, etc. are all more important. some people have trouble setting their priorities, then one day they realize they are in too deep and just quit fansubbing cold-turkey.

Getting your work done fast is not the important thing about working with others in a fansub group, its about realistically looking at what you can accomplish, set a schedule, and follow through with your work. If you need longer than others in the group, thats fine, as long as you do what you're supposed to do by the time you said you would do it.
when u keep pushing it back, pushing it back, pushing it back, and others are waiting on you, it causes more problems than if you never even worked on it in the first place.

in the end, regardless of what label is on the fansub, the true fans will still be around helping out somewhere. Alot of people who are dedicated actively belong to many various groups I think.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote