View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 04:19   Link #59
Qilin
Romanticist

I'll give this a 7/10 since I don't bother finishing anything that comes below that.
If it weren't for that really long and tedious first half, I could have given an 8 or 9 instead. Such a shame. The action was certainly engaging, although they could have spread it over a few more episodes. Another good point is that I hardly got to hear Shana's favorite (annoying) catchphrase. You know what I'm talking about.

I really liked the character development they had going in the series. Shana and Kazumi's relationship evolved to being friendly rivals from just being jealous of each other. A good sign of maturity. Yuji, himself, gained a couple of levels of badass wielding a rather impressive BFS. an impressive change given that he used to be a damsel in distress. A few other characters managed to make a resolution after finding their own paths.

Disregarding the 1st half, SnS II was an entertaining series for me. It wouldn't compare with any of my favorites, but I liked it nonetheless. I do hope for another season to appear sometime.