View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 08:55   Link #1021
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
And stopping the threat to their national security.
I agree : I have long wondered why the powers would have wanted to stop Celestial Being : morally, I don't know many people who don't think war is something that should never happened (and while war may be sometimes financially profitable, it is also a great toll on a country's economy budget) but not at all costs : No sovereign state likes to have things enforced on itself, especially by a power with no legitimity.
CB was indeed a threat to these countries and the power blocs had to stop them for the same reason Gilbert told Athrun that ZAFT was right to shot the Archangel and Freedom down : they couldn't afford to let such a massive and impredictable power roam around freely and let them do whatever they wanted.

Quote:
That's something that was never explored in the series. We got a handful of protest shots and people waving little signs around condemning Celestial Being. No named character EVER criticised what Celestial Being was doing, and that's what's really important.
Marina did when talking with Setsuna as Kamal, and aside of her thinking their interventions were extreme, she was at the head of a country and pretty worried that CB would have come to her country to put more mess than there already were.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote