View Single Post
Old 2011-08-22, 10:07   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
And does anyone else think that yura's secret training is some kind of summoning to give form to the 13th heir? He's in the OP, and he said it himself that one day he just might be able to see grandpa nurarihyon as a summoning of some sorts. I would imagine she'd be the one with the ability to do so.
Yes, Yura's most likely training to master the Hagun, the technique the 13th used to seal Hagoromo Gitsune. The ancestors he summoned looked like skeletons, so he might not look that pretty when he comes back. That would put on equal footing with Nurarihyon, I guess

That reminds me, the anime cut out an important line from Hidemoto and Nurarihyon's conversation in the anime: after Nura comments that a human's lifespan is incredibly short, Hidemoto think to himself that Nurarihyon's lifespan has also been dramatically shortened as a result of Hagoromo Gitsune eating his heart. That's why he's already a shriveled old man even though the old members of his hyakki yakkou (Gyuki, Hitotsume, etc...) still look the same.