View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 22:24   Link #2292
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
The idea of using the student assembly to catch Cyan Pile's real identity was not that Kuroyuki would see Cyan Pile sitting amonst the normal students. It was that, in challenging him to a fight, she would see all but one student disappear as the battlefield was constructed.

By memorizing the location where Cyan Pile appeared, she could see Pile's real face and then check the seat against the attendance list/chart to find his name.
That makes sense as a possible explanation. The mechanic wasn't explained very clearly in the episode, and the way it was illustrated in Episode 3 was as if you could see the person in place. Perhaps that was just a metaphor for how the mechanism worked in a broad sense, and not a literal representation.

Quote:
If it did, then when Haru used Acceleration during Noumi's first kendo match with Taku, he wouldn't have needed to check the matching list -- he would have seen Noumi's avatar.

But he also would have seen Taku's and Chiyu's avatar. Which he didn't. He saw Takumu, not Cyan Pile, and his real body was sitting next to Chiyuri, not Lime Bell.
Well, again, the way it was shown in Episode 3, it was while looking at the matching list. But again, if that was only a metaphor, then it isn't clear how it worked. Your explanation seems reasonable to me, though.

Quote:
There's something we're missing, regarding how Niko and Noumi could identify Silver Crow.

I mean, the matching list could tell Noumi that four Burst Linkers were logged into the school's network, but it would not tell him when any of them were in the same room as himself, or who they were.
Ah, for Niko's part, I checked again and she actually did explain it in Episode 9 (7:50~9:00): she waited right outside the school gates and kept linking and checking the matching list as each person exited the school. So the moment Haruyuki left the school and connected to the global network, she knew it was him.

It's quite possible that Noumi used a similar elimination technique to determine who was who. It takes a lot of Burst Points, and requires a lot of patience but it isn't so bad. He said that he heard rumours about Takumu's exceptional performance before arriving at the school, so I'm thinking he already guessed that he was a Burst Linker. Finding the rest was mostly a matter of tracing the friendships, I'm guessing and a bit of elimination per the method above. (He could do the elimination in reverse as people leave the school grounds. For example, he would know at his match with Takumu, all three of the linkers were there, whereas normally it's just the one -- Takumu.)