View Single Post
Old 2006-08-29, 08:09   Link #72
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic
Or you know maybe Amazon made a mistake?

Like I said, I can't even find a mention of 50G disk on Pony Canyon's site itself, you can't find BD AIR in their November release line-up and heck punching in the disk code doesn't even bring up a product hit. Likewise all other reputable online venders does not mention this at all. I'm not convince that this one and only one source is proof that it is indeed 50G. Unless you're saying that Amazon is so special that they're the only one who have access to manufacturer text while nobody else has.
So are you saying the main AIR website made a mistake? According to my calculations in my previous post, you can't fit 40Mbps average bitrate for 14 episodes onto 3 single-layer discs.

Quote:
Eitherway It's even more disappointing if they have 50G to work with and still come up not much better than the DVD as I've seen and other Japanese people can attest to, just further proves the format is not mature enough to support.
Not really, it just proves that we don't have sufficiently large amounts of high definition materials yet, not that the format isn't mature enough. You're confusing information and the storage medium. It's like saying that 500GB hard discs are not a mature format because hardly anyone has managed to fill them up properly. Unless, by format you mean high definition animation in general. I, for one, would be looking forward to seeing high definition disc releases of theatrical features, which would have the proper high resolution materials.