View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 12:31   Link #80
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai29 View Post
Thnx for the info. So, Gattai is out of the question even though they're the fastsub group?

ah sorry about that, i just remembered i didn't do a comparison on that because i couldn't play the file format at the time and end up deleting it.

But i've download gattai episode 2 & 4 and the sub format quite pleasant, it's similar to Aone, easy on the eyes.

As for translation quality, comparison side to side, they seem more or less similar only one nick pick is that the lack of karaoke subs for songs, gattai really don't bother with the providing romaji or even sub the ending, but that's expected for a speed sub.
I haven't seen shinsen version of ep2 but shinsen generally has a superior quality of translation, but at the same time gattai doesn't seem to "flow" as well as AIA&I-Z, for a speed sub it's fin, quality wise they are a match with AIA&I-Z but the downside is the file size, which is horrendous. but if you had to choose from Aone of Shinsen on quality alone, go with gattai.
for a speed sub is more then adequate, i've also notice that they also subbed the on screen text in ep4, which is an improvement since ep2, when only shinsen took the time to translate such details. I just hope Aone doesn't chop the eyecatcher for ep4, nothing will beat ep1 eyecatcher, but im still puzzled why they cut it.

ma ne.