View Single Post
Old 2009-07-13, 00:49   Link #1076
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjigami View Post
Hello guys, i am new here, and in advance i wanna apology, english is not my native language, so please be gentle with mistakes :P

anyway, the reason i am writing is that i wanna get startet with this said to be strange anime tale of haruhi. Its strangeness already got me without even haven seen one episode, while browsing the alivalible episodes in the wikipedia episode list.

it sais something about season one, season two (nothing special) but something about different broadcast orders, and reairing of stuff and so on....so in other words....i am confused.... so to put it bluntly....is the 2006 season, season 1 and the stuff from 09 follows that season....or is it that the 09 season retells everything and makes the 06 season needless......or am i falling into the schemes of some scriptwriters ?

thanks in advance for helping my confused being
Welcome. To answer your question truthfully, it's a little bit of both. Every episode of the 2006 season is aired as part of the 2009 season, but there are additional episodes inserted in the order. The 2006 season aired in an odd order that began and ended with the adaptation of the first novel, and had various shorter stories mixed in. But with the re-airing, every episode, including the new ones, are in order of when they happen in the overall story. Some will probably disagree, but I suggest you watch the 2009 episodes. The "repeated" episodes are the nicer DVD versions, and you get a better idea of overall storyline, especially once you get to things that have not aired yet.

Nothing wrong with "falling into the schemes of the scriptwriters". It's their show after all, and you can always "re-edit" it in your head later on if you're disappointed. But I would recommend reading the source novels after you've seen all the episodes.