View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 11:01   Link #98
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I don't have time to type out a wall of text, (which is why I've pretty much been absent from this fascinating discussion), but I'd like to point out something that I've noticed about Japan and hasn't really been talked about.

In that era, every American kid grew up playing team sports. Baseball, basketball, football, all relied on working with team mates, all of which have a valuable position, to win against an opponent.

I don't as much of that "team effort" mindset with Japan, which prized individual sports (Kendo and Judo for example). This is especially apparent with their aviation as their fighters were designed with individual plane vs. plane engagements in mind.

I'm not saying that Japan couldn't coordinate , they very obviously could, but what is apparent to me is that all the way down to squad level, Americans seemed to be a bit better at it.

How would things have been different if Japanese kids of that era were playing team sports as they were growing up like the American kids were doing?

Endless "Historical" Soul