View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 04:17   Link #127
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that's basically my point. we know the senju have strong bodies and wills and are jacks of all trades which basically means nothing specific. i want to know what exactly they are capable of to justify them being on the same level as the uchiha. and if they dont have any specific power that will be revealed later, then i'll be disappointed in kishi's aggrandizement of the senju over the past couple years. i already am disappointed since so far it makes no sense that they dont even exist anymore... but that can hopefully be explained soon.
The last part of my sentence you cut out of your quote was rather important to my point. You keep saying you wonder what the regular Senju has to offer against a regular Uchiha but you do not know the extent of power of any of them.
We've never seen a regular Senju and the only known feat of a regular Uchiha is to be instantly beaten by Itachi when 3 cops went to ask him about Shisui's death and even those were probably above average considering they were Sharingan users in the 1st division.
What I'm saying is that all the abilities you listed from the Uchiha clan aren't from the average Uchiha ninja joe and that you're asking for a particular ability from the Senju when the might of their clan precisely came from the fact that their superhuman physical ability meant they were very good at whatever they chose to specialize.
Quote:
that is true that everyone looks, but the senju are supposed to know the most about the uchiha so i would expect some caution around a powerful uchiha with MS eyes. since they dont have caution i expect that they have some sort of counter to the sharingan that is not revealed yet. but yea, it's a problem with the story that other people look into it and sasuke never genjutsus them instantly. it's partly explained that sasuke cant use genjutsu that well, at least not like itachi, but people who never met him have no reason to know that. they should prepare for the worst. i think it is an issue in the storytelling since opponents' wariness of looking at the MS is sporadic and conforms to kishi's needs at the given time. my point is just that of all people, the senju should know better. or maybe they do know better and we will be given a reason for their carelessness
Sasuke is in the top 5, maybe 3, Genjutsu user in the show, he one shotted a Jounin specialized in Genjutsu in passing while dealing with the Raikage, it has nothing to do with ability but everything do to with storytelling. Despite the fact that Sasuke fighting style isn't about Genjutsu the author usually has to invent a new reason Genjutsu cannot work every times Sasuke fights someone (and a couple of times simply ignored it altogether) but that's when they fight. When characters talk it never has been an issue, Kishimoto doesn't bother to have character not look at him because it'd be quickly tedious I suppose so I just can't see a reason why you'd get your panty in a knot about that now when it's been that way since forever.
There used to be the same never-ending argument about Jiraiya being immune to Uchiha Genjutsu because he looked at Itachi when they meet, it was nonsense then and it's still nonsense now. They're just talking is all.

Quote:
just an ordinary sharingan has been raised to god level powers thanks to izanagi and izanami.
Those aren't average jutsu just because they don't require the MS. Hell not every Uchiha had the Sharingan in the first place.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote