Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-18, 07:25   Link #557
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I heard that Windows 8.1 stops the PC from detecting mouse clicks if a key is held down on the keyboard, can you confirm that?
Which key? Because I have heard of no such thing...

I didn't run into any major issues during the upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1, aside from reinstalling a few of the Modern apps, reinstalling the language pack and my laptop's Wi-Fi connection conking out (refusing to connect to my Wi-Fi network) during the initial setup, which thankfully resolved itself not too long after.

Also ran into the rather annoying "SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark showing up in the lower right corner of the desktop after the update. Turns out that although I had switched on Secure Boot in the UEFI settings when I first installed Windows 8 on the computer a few months back, I had failed to actually install the required security keys for Secure Boot to kick in properly.
But... it seems as though the manufacturer-built computers (e.g. HP et al.) are having similar issues with this watermark showing up after performing the 8.1 upgrade. I hear that re-installing the keys should resolve that problem, though I'm kinda worried about having to deal with people who will have this problem and how you're going to guide them to fix it by mucking about in the UEFI settings... over the phone.