View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 05:45   Link #149
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well I'd say that arrogance is part of what makes Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh. He's the only person I know who can resist the taint of the black grail because he's so damn full of himself.

In fact, I wonder why he doesn't have an NP associated with his ego.

He's like Kuroro from HxH or Wally from Ippo.

Kuroro is always greedy and wanting to steal things, even if it makes disadvantage against strong opponents. That's why his powers are associated with stealing things.

Wally is always jumping around like a hyperactive monkey whether he needs it or not, and that's why he's so fast.

Their character flaws are part of what they are. To not act that way would be to deny themselves.
Exactly. His inflated ego and extreme arrogance are a core part of his character, so it's highly unlikely that they were written in afterwards as a mere means of allowing a powerful character to be defeated in battle. Being completely full of himself is much more likely to have been a part of his character concept all along and thus him being overconfident and underestimating his opponents in battle is simply accurately following up on his characterisation.

Now some might say said character flaws are exaggerated in order to compensate for his near invincibility in battle, but let's not forget that Gilgamesh, like the other heroic spirits, is a legend. His flaws are supposed to be larger-than-life.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote