Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-13, 01:17   Link #6071
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
3 Killed in Alabama Uni Shooting

I'd usually roll my eyes at this point but, however, what is bugging me are what some of the comments are saying...

Now aside from my usual 'they really need to update that near 300 year old amendment of 'right to bear arms', when there was actually a civil war happening at the time,
what's snagging my attention as questions are:
1: What is tenure? (In simpletons terms, in addition to the info that I already quoted)
2: Why are people actually trying to justify murder on the the campus president or faculty members?
3: What situation is the education system there in regards to tenure/budgets/faculty members, that drives some students to feeling that they gotta end a few lives via their disappointment?

It's another American upper education 101 lesson needed here, anyone care to share light?
(Not that I'm looking at your way at all Vexx...) *coughs*
They really need to allow people to carry legally at colleges. At least those with CCW permits/licenses. The fact that colleges are gun free zones doesn't stop shootings from happening. And maybe, just maybe if a professor or faculty was armed, there'd be less killings(looking at Virginia Tech as a prime example).

The 2nd amendment is very clear. It's also very clear why that amendment is second only to the first amendment.