Old 2009-03-10, 04:05   Link #128
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yea, I personally watched just the movies of Zeta and the chosen episodes of the series but did not see Hyaku Shiki deflecting beams like SEED's Akatsuki did. But I admit I assumed that I must missed something when I read this on mahq:

Spoiler for from mahq:

Even if, for a unit that was getting quite old by the end of the series, it did fairly well, I think Especially with its pilot being like one of the best Zeon veteran pilots ever
Before I'd heard about the beam coating, my friends and I always thought the gold plating might've been used to reflect sunlight at an enemy during combat, like shining a flashlight in someone's eyes...

Well, the best way I can imagine it is that the coating might've been reflective to an extent, but completely beam resistant. Apart from that, I've always imagined Char/Quattro to be a pilot who wouldn't even take advantage of the coating. If I had the coating, it'd be a nice reassurance for protection, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Who knows? Maybe the Argama crew ran out of the stuff just before Operation Maelstrom and just gave it a coat of gold paint.

Now the Akatsuki on the other hand, that thing must've been made completely out of anti-beam coating. I've never seen a suit shrug off so many beams in my life!

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote