View Single Post
Old 2006-09-19, 22:10   Link #16
i0td

A nice change of pace this episode. Some more background on the characters is always good to know. At least now we (and Haruhi) can understand why Kyouya has stuck around Tamaki so long. I also thought Fuyumi was pretty funny. The sister of the great Ootori family unable to reorganize the contents of the drawers, leaving her brother's room in a constant state of untidiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler for GLOMP!:
All too true , especially watching him cuddle Kyouya like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I originally assumed that the school year starts in April, given how Kyoya meets Tamaki and takes him to places mostly during summer vacation and finally snaps in August/September. Then Tamaki first suggests his idea of a Host Club during winter of his last year in middle school department and approaches the Hitachiin brothers with the prediction that they'll open the door in April, which the twins do right after their school year opening ceremony.
I don't think you were wrong in your assumption here. The dance party in episode 2 did take place at the start of the school year in spring, so we can safely say that a complete year has not passed yet. Perhaps seven or eight months, because we know for sure that Halloween has passed.