View Single Post
Old 2010-10-30, 02:21   Link #118
Raiga
tl;dr

Picked up vol. 2 and 3 last weekend and today managed to struggle to the end of chapter 1 of vol. 2 (still learning Japanese, this is practice).

Having seen the anime version of these events first it was interesting the slightly different impressions I had. Kyousuke seemed less pushed around by Kirino in the beginning, actually saying a few words of resistance. When Kirino's talking to her friends, the difference in her behavior is a bit more obvious (it helps that Kyousuke explicitly points it out). Also he didn't spend all day playing eroge like Kirino asked him to (unless I grossly misread) but was killing time researching pillows on Google. The scene where Kyousuke's listening in on the girls' conversation felt a bit odd in the anime but his reactions made more sense after I read the novel scene.

On the other hand I thought some of the humor was better executed in the anime, but then again my snail-slow reading pace probably killed the timing of the jokes in the novel... still, I liked the anime version of, "Ero stuff?" "To say the least!" "I'LL CALL YOU BACK!" better than the novel version which had Saori go on for a while after the first two lines.

Also, right hand protecting head vs. right hand groping boob...