View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 04:10   Link #309
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@physics223: Well... I think you're seriously overstating the persistence of Taiga's abuse of Ryuuji... it was fading to a mere ritual comedy bit between the two by episode 5 and basically vanishes after that. But that may be part of why we're seeing things a bit differently.

And to use your own words, this anime is more realistic.... such 'tit for tat' transcendence may never completely balance out just like in real life.

You seem to be going out of your way to assign "blame" even as you say you don't blame. "blame" has implications that "the cause of" doesn't. Word loading...
Minorin *chose* her path with the information she had. How she got that information appears to be pure chance. (actually the novel twists it a bit differently so it is less of a 'deux ex machina' but we'll stick to the anime). Why not blame Minorin for being unable to rough it on towards Ryuuji? Why are Taiga's feelings more important to Minorin than her own?

I'm going to assume your view and eventual grade of the series is what you mean by "I approve" because that phrase isn't really coming across the way you might think it is.
I was just re-watching some episodes and her insults really got to me. I'm certain they would get to any other person as well. 'Basically vanishes ... '

Being called dog hasn't really 'vanished.' While I'm sure you take that merely jokingly, I also don't think it 'basically vanished.'

I blame the circumstance, and I blame the author if she couldn't show me Taiga deserves being there. But I don't blame the accidents that led to this current situation.

Why are Taiga's feelings more important to Minorin than her own?

Because she's Taiga's friend. It's been hinted at since the Christmas festival but she always tried putting Taiga first before herself. Friendships can be like that at times.

Don't mistake me, this is currently my no. 2 anime of all time. At the worst it will be number 3. But I hope that Taiga earns my fondness as a viewer, because at this point she's not even my second choice for a happy ending.