View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 03:42   Link #61
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just to add some more discussion to the mix, I'd say that Kugimiya Rie role in Maria Sama ga Miteru as Touko is probably the best I have ever seen from her, even better than the Alphonse you seem to just frown at, or the Toradora/Shana/Louise typecast you seem to dislike, showing that she can actually perform a very different type of character, and string a whole new array of emotions when the script allows her to.
Agreed.

I think the voice she uses for Touko stands out from her standard tsundere voice (Shana/Nagi/Louise) because it's not caricature-ish like the others are. It certainly shows that she has skill in that regards. However, I think its just when compared with other voice actors she comes out a little lacking in infusing subtle differences in very similar characters.

Take Kawasumi Ayako for example. I'm positive that the voice she uses for Saber and Chikane is very similar, and yet, they feel so very different.

I also think a large part is how much a person likes the standard voice. I personally find Noto Mamiko's standard breathy role and Kugimiya Rie's tsundere voice to be immensely irritating, and therefore every time those voices come out of my speakers I think a part of my eardrums die a little each time

My vote goes to Kitamura Eri as standout performance, with Haruta (Yoshino Hiroyuki) as runner up. All others were very solid.