View Single Post
Old 2009-05-19, 09:49   Link #56
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Wrong, ever heard of a family complex? IF he supposively gets way too into it, my parents will undoubtedly blame me as the cause. (When really they just constantly feed him even more to his gaming addiction).

~I am so disappointed at how people can be addicted to video games. I really have not gone to that phase, I spent most of time just reading manga and books and indulging in the arts. While my brother shows no interests in the fine arts, he enjoys picking up airsoft guns and firing at long distances with his friends.
I am not wrong, you do both have your own lives. Indeed, family members should try and help one another and bear little responsibility for their close relatives, especially if they are older, but he is choosing to play masses amounts of games so let him. This is obviously how he wishes to spend his early life. It will only affect himself and his future and hopefully not your own; and then in a few years time you can say to him: "I told you so".

You clearly state that you have more of an interest in Manga and novels; thus his choice to play games all day long is his own. If he would indeed skip sessions with people to talk to, or they are totally useless at persuading a better direction in life for him, and yet he still continues to play games, then obviously he is too dedicated and will not stop at all. Humans are very competitive beings. If your parents blame you then they are mistaken, and if they are indeed feeding his passion for games to him, as you say, then it is more their own fault which would ultimately make them hypocrites...that is if they do blame you for your brothers actions. Parents are the role models, not the siblings.

I do respect what you are setting out to do, I am a man of experience (believe me!), but then I just thought "Why should I do this? Let the fool do as he wishes". Now I am a 19 year old college student with my own life to worry about. The only sibling that I will do my best for now is my unborn sister, she is due in less than two months. I will do as best to make sure she is successful and has a great life. I will be there for her when she needs me and I am determined to make sure that she chooses the right path in life and one that she wants. I will support her all the way. I am not perusading you to take the same approach that I did, abandoning all hope for useless and foolish siblings that should be old enough to know better, but I am simply stating my own experience to you for a reference.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote