View Single Post
Old 2011-06-26, 03:42   Link #157
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Everybody is entitled to see similarities that other individuals may not see. I also don't see similarities betweeen AnoHana and Key but if someone else does, then so be it. What I don't swallow though, is comparing one cour shows with multiple cour shows, since they obviously had a different potential to begin with.

So when I read that Clannad (49 episodes counting the specials) or Kanon (24 episodes) have been better in portraying character and expanding in emotional situations than AnoHana (11 episodes!), I don't know, I get the feeling it's a tad unfair towards the latter. For example, I've read several Stephen King's books and I find his 6/700+ pages works way more detailed and immersive than his 200 pages' productions. Strangely unsurprising, I believe.

When I think at AnoHana, I feel the need to put it in the same league of other one cour anime (and even so AnoHana is penalized because 11 episodes is a rather unusual standard and 11 versus 13 is already quite the difference). I've been checking my watchlist and I don't seem to find another anime that gave out so much in such a short span of episodes.