Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 13:53   Link #2033
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
What I'm going to say might be weird, but...

Well, while I like the show so far and I'm definitely gonna keep watching I do have to agree that E7 really handled the characters better. While on the topic of characters, I also have to agree that the most memorable ones in E7 were Ray and Charles, Eureka and Renton, and, for some reason Anemone and Dominic (God, episode 48 ♥ ).

But recently I've been thinking about this... We all love this show, but... would it be able to stand on its own feet? Right now, we are hanging on every reference to E7, thinking about when the hell is Renton gonna show up, and waiting to find out what happened to Eureka and Renton in their world. But, I can't help but wonder, if AO was a separate series, if Eureka and Renton were new characters to this show, if we knew nothing about E7, would AO be just as interesting? Of course, thinking like this is pointless, because Ao is their their son, and this is a sequel (sort of), but I just can't help but wonder
If AO was a separate, newely-introduced title (As for "Eureka Seven"), it would probably be viewed by the audience as a great show with one flaw: no background or explanations for anything. We'd just be stranded wondering what the trapar is, why Eureka is such an important key figure, etc etc., and that's where the former series comes in. If Eureka Seven Psalms of Planets wasn't a 50-episode long series, but a dictionary for terms and background stories, then it would fit.

Regardless, if AO was a separate show, this thread would've probably been much shorter, in terms of posts / pages, than it is now, as there would be no arguments over whether or not AO is good as a sequel, or not, and whether or not it's good as a series by its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuukoku View Post
Yay crazy theories! Throwing out mine here too. The distortion that Georg has sometimes, the voice behind it is secretly Renton /rolls over
Glad to know I'm not the only one with that crazy thought.
Or perhaps this theory is more plausible than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Also, thanks Kakkou, those are some cool concept art sketches indeed. I just wish they had some of Georg.
But would there really be more than one sketch?

And one more thing (not to Miketyson), I think we are forgetting something:

Spoiler for Large image:

If there is any old information regarding editing this character out of the series, that I've missed, or if I'm just being very stupid, I'd be most grateful to be informed so.

Last edited by Raincollie; 2012-08-24 at 14:18.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote