View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 09:09   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Hmmm intelligence is such an abstract thing which I don't think we really understand, but the scans talk about grey and white matter, which we use to relate to stuff we do know about such as processing nodes and interconnectivity. IMHO interconnectivity is king, without it, it doesn't matter how fat your processors or how many there are if you can't shift the data between nodes the data becomes worthless (well in terms of time dependant things).
That's like asking what's more important in a processor - the logic gates, or the wiring between them? Without either, you have no processor anymore. Even assuming male and female brain are achitectured differently, it's not enough to conclude one is better than the other for any given task. Besides, I assume they're talking about frontal lobes, where most of the thinking process occurs. Nervgear probably scans another part of the brain, responsible for motion.

Quote:
Now if the NerveGear intercepts signals and manipulates signals from the brain, where do these signals originate from? My guess is when they fire from the synapses across the white mater (I have no idea at all about brain matter xD)
We're talking about fictitious technology relating to a subject neither of us are experts in. Sure, whatever, Nervgear works better on females. But not because of gray or white matter. It's because the brain leprechauns of girls get more practice texting on their teeny smartphones.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote