Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 09:55   Link #578
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The music recorded in the tape alongside the device that sends signals to space really reminds me Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I wonder if there will really be aliens in this story, as I speculated before. The evidence so far seems to suggest so, but it might turn out to be something else.

On an unrelated note I really like Furugoori Kona, she's the best character in this anime so far for me. I wish she had more screentime.

Anyway, after six episodes I must say that I find that this story lacks something. While there's obviously a lot going on, and there are quite a lot of mysteries that have been hinted, somehow I don't feel involved. It's probably something with the general atmosphere, the various characters are a bit disjonted and I don't quite feel their emotions enough to empathize with their situation.

The mystery based on (pseudo)scientific facts it's also a bit too obscure to work succesfully as time travel did with Steins;Gate. I never really heard of monopoles before, and the only thing I can do is to trust that if you find them on the sun it's "bad". I have no idea of what could have caused them nor what can be done about them. So in the end there isn't much I can discuss about.
It's also very hard to understand how that can be connected to a space agency, a mysterious incident on a ship, a corporation specialized in robotics, and so on.

This is probably supposed to keep me interested in the story, but it doesn't work that well. A mystery should be obscure enough to not be easily understood, but at the same time it might be clear enough to let people imagine the possible solutions.

I'll keep watching this anime because it's not like it's bad or anything, but it's just not particularly good either. I'll see if it gets better, there's a lot of episodes still.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote