Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-10, 19:07   Link #3248
night_sentinel

@Cedec0
Well, they have a good basis this time for the rage. But, still seeing this, I'm so glad that I slept through the leaking stage. Its not worth losing sleep over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly_angelflight View Post
From what I can tell, Shizu is the "Master of the Deep Mountain", and her ability should really only affects abilities with wall gimmicks. Kuro's ability isn't a wall gimmick, since it doesn't actually affect where the dora will be beyond the fact that Kuro will be the only who can draw them. Awai's ability to double-riichi, kan, win at the corner, and get the uradora for that kan, however, is definitely a wall gimmick, as it requires that the tiles be at certain locations in the wall.:
I don't have a problem with this. Its when Shizu was also able to break 5-6 shanten which is not really a wall gimmick that things become very very confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Not totally broken I think, it's like Marina2 said, she's weakened but that's more than enough to beat her. Awai was just 1 tile away from tenpai (-1), and Ryuuka was 4 tiles away (+1) ... however it's not only that, Ryuuka's hand is overall good now, unlike before where their hands were so crappy they could hardly call any single tile, now she can easily get a quick mangan with an opened toitoi (still needs a certain amount of luck though) if she feels like it.
Using Kuro as a barometer, it would be kuro losing the control of 1 or 2 dora which will go to another person's hand instead.

... oh I just realized ... what would happen if Awai were to face kuro in a match?
I think this post was supposed to reassure me and thanks in advance desrtsku. But, it just reminded me about a simple way that they could have shown or hinted Shizu's power. All those times, Shizu played with Kuro .... sigh. Now, the omission of it is even more glaring.

Oh well, I'll just accept that Shizu spontaneously got a new nerfing power. Trying to connect her power to storyline continuity is giving me a headache. And it does give us a good setup for the final match as Marina2 said.

I have no idea what will happen if Awai will face Kuro. One of the abilities should be able to cancel each other out. On the other hand, even if all the dora still goes to Kuro, Awai still has a double riichi yaku.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote