View Single Post
Old 2006-10-12, 21:18   Link #344
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm not saying that everyone does. Its just that you shall be getting people like that coming from all sides with what they have to say.. and they pretty much all say the same thing.
You obviously haven't read your own post then have you. Your post implied SPECIFICALLY a broad view of people who weren't satisfied with the setup of the new Negima series. Let me re-quote what you wrote and let you look at it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
The people that are bad-mouthing Negima!? are the kind that just don't want anything to be different when compared to the original manga.. you get these kinds of fans a lot when it comes to retelling of stories. Doesn't matter how good it may be.. they'll just bitch for no reason. =/
If you didn't mean all of us who have a somewhat negative look at the first episode, then specify so. I have absolutely nothing in common with the type of thinking you were specifying, and have not even started reading the manga yet(though I've got most of it on my computer). And I haven't been saying,"OMG THIS SHOW IS THE SUXORS HACK SHAFT#%@%@%". I gave you examples of where I thought the first episode didn't do anything to live up to the hype given to the series(partially thanks to the OVA perhaps?). The animation I can deal with. The lack of mirroring the Manga's stories and continuity I can deal with. I've seen far worse and enjoyed them. My main complaint involved the pacing of the entire episode(especially the last half). And I'm not coming to this as a new viewer to the Negima world. I watched all of the first series(Enjoyed it for what it was but agreed with many complaints given about it). I know who most of the characters are, but the rate in which they introduced them the first episode was crap. I only hope they slow down the pace and flesh out the characters in a more drawn out and meaningful way. As it is now, the introductions were very close to absolutely meaningless(and a waste of time).

-JustinStrife