View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 14:34   Link #3067
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

I'm now half-way through the Endless Eight arc - watched the first four episodes today in one go
I could use some words of encouragement now to watch the remaining four.

The first and the second episode were still different enough, third and fourth less so though
It's interesting that they already found out in the second episode (of eight) that they're in a time loop. Ok, in their time, it's the 15.498th repeat
However, I really doubt though it's the first time they find out about it. There's only idle talk about "If we only knew what to do to stop it", but they don't do anything about it
Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" at least tries all sorts of stuff to break out of the loop, and eventually decides to make good use of it by learning new skills (foreign language, ice sculpting...).
They however don't do *anything* to try to change the course of events, so everything happens as usual with Haruhi going through her list of event and still being dissatisfied. Then it's 31 August again, and Kyon is like, "Damn, that day again, now we'll get yet another repeat."
*knock knock* Hello, McFly? If you don't like the repeats, wha aren't you doing anything to change it? If you follow Yuki's attitude of "I don't care if I'm stuck in a time loop, I'm just anobserver anyway", nothing will ever change for sure

That's it for now... more to come after I watch the other four. As I said, I could use some words of encouragement there