View Single Post
Old 2012-08-21, 06:53   Link #412
FateAnomaly

Different mobs do drop different stuff and the mobs in the different starters are different. There is no inherent disadvantage of going to other race starter map. You would probably do all 5 of them anyway.

Quests in GW2 are the the heart events. They only give exp and gold, no loot. (Get the gold from your mailbox) These will provide the majority of the cash in the beginning.

Dynamic events give gold, karma and exp but also no loot. These will give you lots of exp and since DEs usually involve a lot of mobs, it also indirectly provide loot.

Completing 100% on a map (i.e. getting all hearts, point of interests, waypoints, vistas and skillpoints) give you gear appropriate to the map level (not necessarily useable by you), exp and some misc stuff.

There is also the story line quests that gives you gear and misc stuff.

My tips (follow at your own discretion)
1)If you are going exploring instead of following the storyline, i would suggest you find a merchant and buy those crude gathering tools as soon as you can afford them. (Its cheap) Even if you don't plan on crafting, you can still sell the mats and earn exp while gathering the stuff.

2)You can make those 8 slots bags quite easily. Each bag need 20 pieces of Jute/leather/copper crafted by tailor/leatherworker/armorsmith respectively. You have 4 bags slots unlocked at the beginning.

3)You can deposit all collectibles into the bank from anywhere in the world. (to free up space)
You can also access bank form any crafting stations.

Personally, my plan is get 100% completions on all the starters cities then move on the 100% on starters maps and so forth.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote